Translate

Thursday, May 18, 2017

My Encounter with Cookie, the Broken Body of Christ, in Sarasota Today

Cookie in Sarasota, Florida

Today, Cookie, not her real name, shared with me that she was recently hospitalized with seizures, and an unidentified man said he was working on getting her into an Assisted Living facility. I sure hope this will happen soon.  I was deeply touched by her witness to Jesus' love embracing her in her pain. She is the broken body of Christ in our midst, and our call is to help her. She needs more than a hug and McDonald's food that I can give her. Bridget Mary Meehan, sofiabmm@aol.com



1 comment:

Teresa Keogh said...

Let's take her into our hearts and pray for her and pray that she soon gets into assisted living. Bless you for ministering to her, Bridget Mary.