Translate

Monday, December 26, 2016

"Celebrating Christmas in a Divided Land" by Pat Perriello/National Catholic Reporter

Mary Mother of Jesus Inclusive Catholic Community in Sarasota, Florida Celebrates Christmas Liturgy



...Pope Francis throughout his papacy has highlighted his concern and preference for the poor. At the Fortune-Time Global Forum last week at the Vatican he again urged us to action. Francis insisted that "We must listen to the voices of the poor." He admonished that indeed we must "see the human face of those you earnestly seek to help." Our God came to us as a poor child and dwelt among us. In Chapter 25 of Matthew's Gospel, Jesus reminds us that we will ultimately be judged by the way we treat others. "I was hungry and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me to drink ... naked and you clothed me, sick and you visited me. ..."
This Christmas we need to expand and extend our vision. We need to look beyond and through our divisions to love and serve those around us. We need to be that instrument of peace in our homes, at work, our churches, and in our communities..."


No comments: