Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"God and the Afterlife" by Jeffrey Long, An Inspiring Read on Family Vacation


"God in near death experiences is often described as profoundly loving...."



"I felt the presence of  pure love. This is very hard to describe... "




"Everything makes sense. God exists. God is love, we are love and love creates all that is..."



"There are no stepchildren in the family of God.... God loves us all infinitely..."



"I was surrounded by God's unconditional love, which was so much greater than human love...
No human can ever love with that love. It is all-consuming, all forgiving. Nothing matches it. It is like the day you looked into the eyes of your child for the first time magnified a million times.
It is indescribable..."
"The entire encounter was about God, the ultimate power of God and God's forgiveness. The message was 'Love is the greatest power in the universe.'"... p. 50.

Family Vacation
This year I celebrated two major milestone anniversaries: my 50th reunion with my band (class) who entered the Sister Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary - Philadelphia branch and the 50th anniversary of my graduation from Bishop Dennis J. O'Connell High School in Arlington Virginia. 

I am having a wonderful visit with my family in the Northern Virginia area and a delightful vacation at the Outer Banks in North Carolina with my brother, Patrick and sister-in-law, Valerie and their two energetic dogs, Skippy and Rocky. See photos of family and vacation below. 

God and the Afterlife is one of the inspiring books I am reading on vacation which I highly recommend!

I believe with all my heart that as St. Augustine once said, "God loves each of us as if there are only one of us."


Patrick, my brother, on porch in Duck, North Carolin



Brothers Patrick and Sean at breakfast at City Diner in Falls Church  (left to right)
Nancy, my sister-in-law, next to me, Sean and Patrick at City Diner in Falls Church , VA. before trip to North Carolina


Patrick and Valerie with dogs Skippy and Rocky on  beach at Duck, North Carolina
Skippy and Rocky (left to right) running on the beach

Duck, North Carolina


No comments: