Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wisdom for Life from James Martin, SJ in My Life with the Saints


The Unity of the Christian saints rests on their commitment to Jesus Christ. Like the early disciples, who trusted the judgement of their master, we must trust God’s reasons for calling people quite different from us, even though those reasons may remain my, “Okay Lord
serious to us. As a Jesuit I have frequently met people who have sung the praises of another Jesuit whom I had quickly written off as too quiet or too cerebral or too ornery to do any good. It’s a reminder of the wisdom of the One who calls us together and sends us on a mission.
Pg. 386:

Perhaps, in fact, all that kept the fractious disciples together was Jesus himself – not so much their reliance on him to settle disagreements’ but their fundamental trust in him. They may have said, “Okay, Lord, I don’t like that other fellow very much, and I don’t really understand him, but if you say he’s part of our group, that’s good enough for me.
“My Life with the Saints” by James Martin, SJ; pg 385:

Bridget Mary's Response:
This really hits home as we journey as companions and equals in our Roman Catholic Women Priests Movement. The challenge is to stay open to Spirit's call to live our contemporary discipleship  in a liberating, unified diversity! 
Bridget Mary Meehan, ARCWP

No comments: