Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

"A Personal Creed" by Mary Theresa Streck, ARCWP, Reflection on "The Banquet of the Creed" from Abounding in Kindness, by Elizabeth Johnson


Mary Theresa Streck, ARCWP
This morning I reflected on "The Banquet of the Creed" (p. 3-18, Abounding in Kindness) in light of my ministry in service to God's people in the 21st century. This is a personal creed that come to me from reading this section:

A Personal Creed

I believe in you, O Holy One, Source of all, the incomprehensible mystery of love beyond imagining.
I believe that I am in you and that you are in me.
I believe that our relationship is transforming my life.
I believe that you surround me with forgiving, abounding kindness in the midst of darkness, injustice, sin, and death.

I believe in Jesus, anointed by Your Spirit, who embodies your ways in his ministry.
I believe that Jesus did not come to die but to live and help others live in abundance on this beautiful earth.
I believe that Your Spirit anoints me to share in the same ministry by living justly, loving tenderly and walking with integrity.
I believe that you nourish and sustain me through prayer.
I believe that you summon my conscience to action on behalf of justice that will change oppressive structures.

I believe that Your Spirit is at work in all of creation.
I believe that you call me to be a co-creator with you and to join with companions on the journey as you beckon us to birth with you a new creation. 

Amen.

Mary Theresa Streck, ARCWP Book Club,  "The Banquet of the Creed", Abounding in Kindness: Contemporary Theology for the People of God, by Elizabeth Johnson. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring.