Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

LOUISVILLE COALITION for CEDAW by Rev. Mary Susan Barnett, ARCWP


LOUISVILLE COALITION for CEDAW
"As Founder of the Louisville Coalition for CEDAW I come to this commitment not as a government official nor a human rights attorney but as a Catholic Woman Priest. My ordination is part of an international feminist, prophetic, inclusive movement. I do not in any way impose my faith on the coalition. Our coalition is not faith-based. It is open to people of all faiths and no faiths, and the same for our outreach. What I do bring to the coalition as a feminist Woman Priest is an acute awareness that religious misogyny is fierce and dangerous and must be resisted with great passion and perseverance. I am also deeply aware that there is an indomitable spirit among diverse women and men fighting for women and girls' empowerment. This is where I get my energy and this is the energy I share. The world is thirsting for an end to gender-based violence. May this local  CEDAW coalition provide water to a parched land."
Rev. Mary Susan Barnett, ARCWP
59th Commission on the Status of Women
New York City
March 2015



No comments: